Commercial Users - online application
Before submitting this application, you should become familiar with the commitments that apply to Commercial Users.
A Type A applicant as a Commercial User is a business or organisation that already has arrangements in place to recycle all of its waste mercury-containing lamps.
Private and confidential information
You may wish to include private or confidential information as part of the application. If that is the case, you should provide the information in a separate document clearly marked ‘private’ or ‘confidential’.
When assessing the application, the Administrator may decide to verify the information with a Collector or Recycling company. Where information in an application is marked ‘private’ or ‘confidential’, Collectors and Recycling companies are required to handle the information appropriately and maintain privacy and confidentiality.
Where you identify ‘private’ or ‘confidential’ information, Collectors and Recycling companies are required to handle that information appropriately and maintain privacy and confidentiality.
Specifying the sites
The application relates only to sites where arrangements are in place to collect and recycle all of the waste mercury-containing lamps. The application needs to specify where these sites are. Signatory status relates only to the sites specified in the application.
There are different ways of specifying the sites.
Some examples are:
- Where the site is a single building, the application could simply provide the address of that building.
- For a bigger concern, say a supermarket chain or a nationwide bank, the application needs to state which specific outlets or offices the application applies to.
- If a supermarket chain or nationwide bank has a policy in place and is confident that all waste mercury-containing lamps from all of its premises are recycled, then the application can contain a statement to that effect and does not need to specify each site or branch.
- Some organisations, eg government portfolios, may be responsible for several buildings in the one city or scattered across a state or nationwide. Arrangements may be in place to recycle the waste mercury-containing lamps generated by only some of these buildings and these should be identified in the application.
When Signatory status is awarded to a Commercial User, that status applies only to the sites that were specified in the application and accepted by the Administrator. It is important to keep this in mind when a business or organisation represents its Signatory status, eg through claims or statements about its involvement with FluoroCycle.
For example, a national business needs to avoid giving the impression that waste lamps from all of its offices or outlets are recycled if this is not the case. On the other hand, any size business or organisation that recycles all waste lamps from its entire operations can claim that it is a Signatory in its entirety.
For a Commercial User, the sites that are relevant to Signatory status are specified on:
- the certificate awarded on first joining the scheme, and
- the listing on the FluoroCycle website.
Documentation of recycling
The application should be accompanied by copies of documents that prove that all waste mercury-containing lamps from the specified sites are being recycled. Relevant documents are contracts, invoices, receipts or consignment notices.
The Administrator will contact the applicant if there are any questions about the documentation.