Advice to Commercial Users on how to apply
Important advice: Before making an application, businesses and organisations should be aware of the commitments of Commercial Users.
There are two types of businesses or organisations that can apply for Signatory status as a Commercial User.
- Type A applicants are already recycling all waste mercury-containing lamps
- Type B applicants are not already recycling all waste mercury-containing lamps
The application from a Type A applicant needs to show that ongoing arrangements to recycle all waste mercury-containing lamps are in place and are consistent with the FluoroCycle Guidelines 2010 and this Manual.
There are different requirements for a Type B applicant:
- The application from a Type B applicant needs to include information about the arrangements that will be in place within 3 months of becoming a Signatory to recycle all waste mercury-containing lamps from one or more sites.
- Within 6 months of becoming a Signatory, a Type B applicant will provide documentation to the Administrator as evidence that those arrangements are in place.
- Within 6 months of becoming a Signatory, a Type B applicant will meet all the commitments of a Commercial User.
The terms ‘Type A’ and ‘Type B’ are only used to describe the two different sorts of applicant. Once the applications are successful, both types of applicants become Signatories as Commercial Users. The key difference is a Type B applicant is given 6 months to meet the Signatory commitments and provide documentation to the Administrator demonstrating that appropriate arrangements for recycling have been put in place.